By carrying out daily tasks we can help you rebuild lost confidence and maintain your dignity, independence and above all, quality of life.
We ask you what outcomes you want to achieve from our assistance and then work with you to tailor our care to meet your needs. This might be:
- Bathing, showering, a body wash, hair washing, soaking feet, etc
- Applying prescribed moisturizing/barrier creams, pain relief gels and ointments
- Catheter or stoma management,
- Changing pads, pants, commodes, urine bottles
Food and health
- We can prepare meals to your liking, whether that is freshly cooked or using a microwave for ready meals.
- Making food for later in the day
- Monitoring intake of fluid and food
- Are you missing company? We can come over share a cuppa and a chat
- We can administer or prompt medication
- Instill eye drops/ointments; administer nasal sprays/inhalers and eardrops
- Put in/collect prescriptions
- We can arrange for this to be done. e.g through the volunteer sector or local food delivery services, or
- we can shop for you; or potentially take you to do this
Laundry, changing beds, cleaning toilets/sinks, hoovering, polishing
Would you like to be able to get out and about again?
We can support you to go out visit a friend, go for a meal, a walk