Posted Saturday March 27th, 2021
Want to make a real difference in people’s lives? Then join our team because at New Dawn – we take care of our staff as much as our clients.
…and Social Care is a secure job. An aging population means our services are always needed – in fact we’re expanding our team to meet demand.
What does New Dawn offer me?
- competitive rates of pay, a minimum of 4 weeks annual leave, plus statutory holidays and we pay travel time and mileage.
- full training, including NVQ’s in Care (QCF) – so an opportunity for those starting out to ‘earn while you learn’; we’ve a track record in developing staff.
- Working with clients in their own homes in and around Church Stretton/Craven Arms
- We offer set runs with set clients (changes do occur e.g. new clients, staff annual leave or training).
- Active encouragement for all employees to come up with ideas, especially when it comes to Care Plans and to enhancing clients’ quality of life.
What is care work? Care is about knowing the client, their likes/dislikes, engaging in their past life and experiences, developing a rapport that enables recognition of small changes, so you can adapt support. It’s also about maintaining dignity and respect. Care’s more than a job, it’s a vocation.
Is it hard work? Yes – but knowing you’ve made a real difference in someone’s life makes it all worth-while. There’s nothing like the feeling of a thank you from the client/their family.
Does it involve weekends? Yes – most clients need some support every day.
Some are early risers; hence the 7am start – to help them get up, showered, give medication, breakfast etc; i.e. fairly minor support. Calls during the day may be for just a chat, to make a cuppa or do some domestic tasks. Not all of our clients are early to bed – hence we work until 10pm. And yes, some of our clients have a much greater need for support.
Is previous experience essential? No…what you need is:
- a passion to make a positive difference in peoples’ lives
- a commitment to being a reliable team member – someone who your colleagues and our clients can depend on.
- full driving licence and use of a reliable car is preferable, although some of our team walk between clients.
- for you to live in, or close to, either Church Stretton or Craven Arms
- able to work at least 16 hours a week, including alternate weekends; 00/7.30 am starts and/or 9.30/10.00pm finishes.
We work in teams covering the hours of 7am – 2pm and 4pm – 10pm; 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. Our Carers work anything from three to six hours at a time, depending on their circumstances and the requirements of our clients.
Full DBS checks are carried out on all staff and two references obtained.
To send us your cv, click ‘Apply now’ at the top of this page; read the job description or call us on 01584 856586 for more information.