New Dawn Care Agency is particulalry keen to promote our ‘Try before you Apply’ offer.
We guarantee that anyone who enquires about this offer, who is a member of, or has familiy serving in, the Armed Forces will have an opportunity to work one or more shadow shifts. This is a great way to get a feel of what it’s like to work with us; as well as to meet team members and some of our clients; call us on 01584 856586 or email email@example.com.
Our quality services are much in demand, so we are always on the look out for kind and caring people to join our friendly care team
Working with clients in their own homes by driving in and around Church Stretton/Craven Arms; this role is about making a real difference in peoples’ lives.
A fulfilling role with opportunity to progress; AND you’ll get all the training you need before you start, so no experience or qualifications are needed.
New Dawn Care Assistants : £25k pa (for 36 hrs a week) + welcome bonus + benefits
The sorts of things our Care Assistants do vary client by client:
- some need help getting out of bed, or getting dressed,
- for others it’s just getting their breakfast/other meals of the day – depending on the time of your visit
- helping with personal care such as washing, showering is part of the role
- some need assistance with eating and drinking; others will just want to have a cuppa with you
- assisting with medication/applying creams/giving drops
- getting to know them as people, their likes/dislikes, and how best we can support independent living at home; and maintaining dignity.
You’ll mainly be working on your own, but back up of colleagues and management is always at the end of a What’s-App or phone call. Every day is different in home-care, but you’ll always know you’ve made a difference. Our Care Assistants are reliable, friendly, and professional find out what some of our staff say
…all you need to join the team, are the qualities you’ve need in the forces:
- respect and care for others (in our case, clients and colleagues),
- keeping cheerful, smiling, sense of humour
- someone who can be relied on and has a ‘can-do’ approach
- good at putting training into practice
- discipline of being on-time to each client; and working to a shift rota
- good at observation and listening
plus: you’ll need your own car and full driving licence
What will my hours be?
- at least two 7am starts AND two 10pm finishes over a 2-week rota
- working every other weekend
Our typical shift pattern is 07.00 – 14.00; others 16.00 – 22.00. Because of the earlies and lates, we prefer all staff to live within 10 miles of Church Stretton/Craven Arms. Living further away is ok; however, we only pay mileage up to 9 miles; and 20 minutes travel time to/from home.
Example earnings – after training is completed
Example £25,000 pa for working 36 hours a week (including some travel time between calls)
Plus: a ‘welcome bonus’ of £175 after 3 months + £225 at 9 months (pro-rata to hours worked).
As well as job security and the prospect of career progression, we also offer:
- up to 5 weeks paid annual leave plus statutory holidays (pay is at premium rate if worked + a paid day off);
- bonus and ‘refer a friend’ schemes;
- well-being support,
- free uniforms & DBS checks (subject to in-house rules);
We are a Living Wage employer and we are a Supporter member of the Care Workers charity
Call us on 01584 856586 or send us your cv
New Dawn Care Agency are committed to fair treatment and opportunity for all.
We do all we can to ensure that how we operate our services is non-discriminatory in respect of any personal characteristic(s) which is/are protected by legislation. We recognise that ‘equal opportunities’ is a continual process of inclusion.
New Dawn Care Agency are one of the most respected home/domiciliary care providers in Church Stretton, Craven Arms and surrounding areas.