New Dawn Care Agency Ltd has been in operation since 2nd September 2009. Founded by George Bowness and Kim Pilkington, to provide a range of quality care services, aimed at maintaining independence, dignity and respect for people in their own homes.
Heather Bowness (Chief Executive) took over from her late husband in 2015 and brings an understanding of what is involved in engaging care workers to provide support for immediate family who live at some distance. Her working life has been spent in Human Resources, predominantly in manufacturing and construction; and at senior level for 20 years. Heather has governance experience in further education and pensions; and previous financial experience as Treasurer in a voluntary capacity.
Kim Pilkington (Finance & Operations Director) started with New Dawn predominately in finance but since 2015 took on the additional role of Operations Director and Nominated Individual for the Care Quality Commission (CQC). In these two new roles more time has been spent monitoring the direction of the business, implementing and updating procedures and systems to improve the performance and efficiency of the business. Prior to working with New Dawn she spent most of her working life in various service sectors including the governments flagship electronic tagging programme and working for an international charity.
Rachel Wintle (Registered Manager) joined the team July 2018 bringing over 30 years experience in care in a variety of roles from a carer through to management. Her role prior to joining was with the Alzhiemers Society where she has managed a team of dementia support workers as well as holding a case load. She supported various groups and activities across Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin and worked with individuals and organisations to develop their understanding of dementia, along with strategies and how to become dementia friendly. Prior to this, Rachel spent over 12 years working with a mental health charity, having direct involvement with service users, families, other professionals, undertaking risk assessments and reporting among other duties.
Steph Jones (Deputy Manager) joined New Dawn in 2012 as a care worker, where she quickly showed a natural aptitude for the role and a desire to take on new challenges. As the business grew and we needed to increase the office team, she then took on the role of rota administrator in 2014 as well as continuing to work in care. Then in 2017 we needed to replace our deputy manager and Steph was offered and took this promotion. Her years with the company have given her a good depth of knowledge of all aspects of the business.
Co-Ordinators (Training and Review). We have two part time roles in these positions who take a lead in booking/managing all staff training and carrying out client reviews.
Care workers. We have an average of 30 staff, all locally sourced working in the community on a daily basis.
Working To Keep People In Their Own Homes
- New Dawn believe that dignity and independence are the key factors to living with advancing age and we endeavour to provide both in your own home.
- Financially our ethos is ‘you only pay for what you receive’. We deliver care and support into individual homes based on need.
- We endeavour to match carers to clients (to avoid personality clashes etc) and in providing the same carers (with the exception of holidays and sickness) we offer continuity of care.
- We welcome feedback to enable us to maintain high standards and will speedily address and attempt to resolve any issues within our control.
- We operate within a structured care plan, however we use this as a guide so that we can offer flexibility to vary the provision required to meet changing needs.