Village Care Agency was finally registered as New Dawn Care Agency Ltd on 2nd September 2009 by George Bowness and Kim Pilkington, as the company providing care into individual homes for the both the private sector and social services.
Following many discussions with various departments in Shropshire Council and the District Councils it became apparent that there was a niche market for home care provision for adults and older people which would embrace nursing, dementia care, spinal injuries, physical and learning disabilities in Shropshire.
We applied for and received a ‘pre-service’ agreement with Social Services which means we are listed as a provider of care on all their literature.
George Bowness (Chief Executive) has spent most of his working life in various manufacturing industries, moving from the shop floor to senior management in human resources and General Management before gaining experience in care during his three year tenure as Chief Executive with a major residential care provider in Shropshire.
Kim Pilkington (Finance Director) has spent most of her working life in various service sectors but since joining New Dawn Care has been involved in all aspects of the business from recruitment, advertising, marketing and finance.
Carly Evans (Care Manager) joined New Dawn Care Agency in September 2010. She has over 10 years experience in the care sector encompassing both health and social care services and has specialised in physical disabilities. As manager of the home care agency Carly is responsible for developing and expanding this business and has trebled the hours of care We provide since joining the company. She is currently seeking to recruit and train new staff.
Working To Keep People In Their Own Homes
- New Dawn believe that dignity and independence are the key factors to living with advancing age and we endeavour to provide both in your own home.
- Financially our ethos is ‘you only pay for what you receive’. We deliver care and support into individual homes based on need.
- We endeavour to match carers to clients (to avoid personality clashes etc) and in providing the same carers (with the exception of holidays and sickness) we offer continuity of care.
- Our commitment to you is that no new carer will be introduced without an initial meeting.
- We welcome feedback to enable us to maintain high standards and will speedily address and attempt to resolve any issues within our control.
- We operate within a structured care plan, however we use this as a guide so that we can offer flexibility to vary the provision required to meet changing needs.